Collection of Your Personal Information.
“Personal information” means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, home or other physical address, an email address, phone number or other contact information, whether at work or at home. QAS collects the following personal information from you when you use our sites and services:
- If you register or submit inquiries on our sites, or purchase a license from us, we ask you to provide personal information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address, or telephone number. We may also collect demographic information, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites. If you choose to make a purchase or sign up for a paid subscription service, we will ask for additional information, such as your credit card number and billing address.
- In order to access some QAS services, you will be asked to sign in with a username or e-mail address and password. By signing in on one QAS site or service, you may be automatically signed into other QAS sites and services that use the same user ID and password
- We collect additional information about your interaction with QAS sites and services without identifying you as an individual. For example, we receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every web site you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring web site addresses. We also use web site analytics tools on our sites to retrieve information from your browser, including the site you came from, the search engine(s) and the keywords you used to find our sites, the pages you view within our sites, your browser add-ons, and your browser's width and height.
- We use technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on our sites and services
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
Use of Your Personal Information.
QAS collects and uses your personal information to operate and improve its sites and services. These uses include:
- providing you with more effective customer service;
- delivering to you and billing you for QAS products and services, and communicating with you concerning your account and customer service issues. This may include verifying authorization of credit card usage before any purchase of QAS products or services;
- providing you with product information;
- offering you upgrades or updates to our products and services;
- providing you with news, free newsletters, updates, targeted advertising, promotions, and special offers;
- supporting the services we offer on our web sites;
- notifying you of technical updates or changes in policy;
- making the sites or services easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information;
- performing research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies; and
- emailing or displaying content that are customized to your interests and preferences.
We also use your personal information to communicate with you. We may send certain mandatory service communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, information on technical service issues, and security announcements. Some QAS services may send periodic member letters that are considered part of the service. Additionally, with your permission, we may also occasionally send you product surveys or promotional mailings to inform you of other products or services available from QAS and its affiliates, and/or share your personal information with QAS partners so they may send you information about their products and services. You can opt-out from receiving newsletters or promotional e-mail anytime by following the steps as described in the respective newsletter or promotional e-mail.
Sharing and Disclosure of Your Personal Information.
QAS may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on QAS or QAS web sites; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of QAS; or (3) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of QAS, its web sites or the public. If QAS should ever file for bankruptcy, or sells its assets to, merge with, or is acquired by, another entity, we may sell the information you provide to us on QAS Sites to a third party or share your personal information with any entity with whom we sell our assets, merge or are acquired by.
Access Your Personal Information.
If you register on our sites in connection with products or services that we offer, you may have the ability to view or edit your personal information online. To help prevent your personal information from being viewed by others, you first will be required to sign in. In case you cannot access personal data collected by QAS sites or services by signing in on our sites, these sites and services may provide you with alternative means of access to your data. In any case, you can contact QAS in accordance with the contact information below.
The Security of Your Personal Information.
QAS protects the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input.
International Transfers of Your Personal Information.
Personal information collected on QAS web sites may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which QAS or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using QAS web sites, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Collection and Use of Children’s Personal Information.
QAS sites are not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 13. Any person who provides their information to QAS through the registration process, account login page or product purchase page for new customers or any other part of QAS sites represents to QAS that they are 13 years of age or older.